Jims5543’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 16
- New Paint - Car is purring
- Wed Feb 10, 2010 | 1 comment
- Did some tuning pulls, Houston, we have traction issues.
- Tue Jan 1, 2008 | comment
- I have declared the break in done.
- Fri Dec 28, 2007 | comment
- Nearing engine break in completion.
- Wed Dec 26, 2007 | comment
- Another 100 miles gone!
- Tue Dec 25, 2007 | comment
Sep 26, 2007 | Views: 411
Filed under: 1987 Mazda RX7 (Black Sunshine)
I was impatient, I decided to go dyno the RX7 too early with only 450 miles on the engine. I ended up spinning the rear bearing and cracking an apex seal.
This has worked out for the best because I pulled all the stops. I ordered a GT35R Turbo and upgraded my primary injectors from 550's to 850cc's. I also had the 1300cc secondaries rebuilt and flow tested.
The engine is back together and almost ready for the car. We expect it to be back on the road in Mid October.
With all the fuel system upgrades we did and now the turbo and injector upgrades I am anxious to see how much power it makes.
The streetport work was tweeked while it was apart as well.
I hope to see the Turbo and injectors next week so we can get her together.
I will put 2000 miles on it before I ever think of pushing it, this was a VERY expensive mistake.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: