GoldyLocks’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 40
- A great day with Mongoo$e
- Fri Jan 13, 2012 | 2 comments
- You want that burger with one hump or two?
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | 2 comments
- Smokey Gets The Bandit's ---- Mustang that is
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | comment
- Happy Birthday Darrell
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | 1 comment
- Rally Sport in Australia -- a hoppin' sport.
- Sat Dec 5, 2009 | 1 comment
It gives you the Willys. What's in a name?
Jul 25, 2008 | Views: 488
Of course, I was thinking just where did this phrase come from; which then made me consider the Willys cars and Jeeps. The first car I drove was a Willys jeep at my Dad's farm building construction company. I was about 10. The foreman for the construction crew asked me to jump in and move the Jeep. "Just pop the damn clutch and go," I remember him blaring. Another worker jumped in, helped me out. Fifteen feet later I stopped, grinning over the fear that this little ride had given me, and thought "Wow, that sure gave me the Willys!" ;-).
There is a great Wiilys 1941 coupe on Motortopia. The pic with the law enforcement will give you a fright...the Willys too!
Have a great day! Leave your comments here about some car experience that gave you "The Willys!"
Here are some other WIllys on Motortopia:
and this one that BigNutty just commeted about:
P.S. I had one earlier experience driving when I was about 3, but that is for another story.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post:
Download Drive Magazine Now!