- 1994 Chevrolet S-10 (Back-in-Black)
- 1971 Chevrolet Nova (Dream Car)
- 1979 Pontiac Trans Am (Blackbird)
- 1974 Chevrolet Chevelle (Mychevelle)
- 1978 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #1)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #2)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Spyder)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Re-Po Car)
- 1969 Chevrolet Impala (Limpala)
- 1977 Chevrolet Camaro (The Camaro)
- 1997 Chevrolet K 2500 (Work Horse)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Am (Driver Ed Car)
- 1995 GMC 3500 Rally Van (Battle Wagon aka Big Bertha)
- 1987 Chevrolet S-10 (Thunder-sTruck)
- 1989 Chevrolet S-10 (Cameo)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix (GP)
- 1998 Ford Ranger Super-cab (P*O*S)
Crazyfast79TA’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 187
- Still Working On Installing The 350 The Right Way
- Sun Dec 1, 2013 | comment
- Got To Test Fit My 350 In The S-10!
- Wed Nov 20, 2013 | 2 comments
- I Be Buildin' Me A Transmission This Weekend!
- Thu Nov 14, 2013 | 3 comments
- Doing Some Research And Remembering
- Fri Nov 8, 2013 | 2 comments
- Third Day (night) Of Wrenching...SUCCESS!
- Wed Nov 6, 2013 | comment
IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!!!
Jun 23, 2012 | Views: 198
- June Progress Report
- 17 photos
I got it running yesterday.I got my new radiator Thursday and brought it home and installed it. I bolted the fan and spacer on first thing after the radiator and shroud were in place. I also plugged all the open vacuum ports. I went to the shop Friday and modified my throttle bracket and made a throttle return spring bracket. I got them painted along with the air cleaner (which has a new Ram Air filter in). I also scuffed the brown shaker with a red scotch-brite pad and painted it black too. I couldn't get the wiper motor to work, so I broke down and got a new one. It works perfectly! I filled the radiator with water (only until I know the system doesn't leak) and fired it up. It cranked over less than a full rotation before it fired! I let it run a bit then I shut 'er down. It was burning oil on the right side header and leaking a small bit of fuel from the fuel line at the pump. I checked the filter and oil pressure line for leaks and wiped off all the spill I could. I got a wrench on the fuel line and finished tightening it. I only had it finger tight when I put things together and forgot to recheck it before firing it up. See what getting over excited can do! Anyway, I cranked it up again. Once the oil finished burning off the header, the smoke cleared and no new leak was there. The fuel leak was gone too. I let it run to get the radiator to "burp". I wish I would've grabbed the "Air-Lift" tool from work that sucks the system down and fills the entire system without "burping". I'll use that when I fill it with antifreeze. I let it run for a while. It settled in at a steady 195. I checked the trans fluid while it was running. Stick was dry just as expected. It always was low after being parked for a few days. It's been parked for a few years now. I shut it off and checked the oil. It's about a quart low. I also have to fill the power steering and brake reservoir. While I have the wheels off to bleed the brakes, I'll repack the wheel bearings and check the rear diff level. I also have to mount the radiator overflow tank. After a thorough inspection and getting insurance, it should be ready for the road! There's still a lot of work to be done before it can be called finished!
Permanent Link to this Blog Post:
Download Drive Magazine Now!