- 007_SuperCoupe’s Garage
007_SuperCoupe’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 35
- The Manifold is starting to take life...
- Wed Jul 21, 2010 | comment
- Spring Modifications have turned into a Summer Mess!
- Fri Jun 18, 2010 | 2 comments
- Fuel economy expirements
- Mon Apr 5, 2010 | comment
- Spring modifications have officially started...
- Mon Mar 8, 2010 | 1 comment
- More upgrades........finally!
- Mon Feb 22, 2010 | 2 comments
It's been nice weather the last couple days...
Apr 5, 2008 | Views: 1,397
Filed under: 1992 Ford Thunderbird (Silver Thunder)
- 7 photos
Yesterday I changed the old oil that had been sitting in there for a couple years now and put in fresh oil and a new filter. I also installed one of two O2 sensors (the one that I didn't need the special socket to remove/install), and then started taking my engine back apart. Yes, you read right...just days after I got it back together after a year and a half, I started taking it back apart. The goal was to retape some of those wire looms that had the factory tape falling off and just plain looking like crap.
Today I finished that up, installed my new brake accumulator (so I can stop!), cleaned my air filter and did a general detail of the engine. It had a couple years of dirt and dust build up on it that I wanted to get off. I also swapped a couple pullies (which was a real pain) and had to fix a section of wiring that has become brittle over the years.
The final result is as you see in the picture. It's back together (although I didn't start it tonight as I want to go ahead and bleed the brakes before I pressurize the accumulator. Attached is also the album so you can see before and after shots of the engine as it was reassembled. Enjoy.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: