- 1994 Chevrolet S-10 (Back-in-Black)
- 1971 Chevrolet Nova (Dream Car)
- 1979 Pontiac Trans Am (Blackbird)
- 1997 Chevrolet K 2500 (Work Horse)
- 1995 GMC 3500 Rally Van (Battle Wagon aka Big Bertha)
- 1974 Chevrolet Chevelle (Mychevelle)
- 1987 Chevrolet S-10 (Thunder-sTruck)
- 1989 Chevrolet S-10 (Cameo)
- 1998 Ford Ranger Super-cab (P*O*S)
- 1978 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #1)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #2)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Spyder)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Re-Po Car)
- 1969 Chevrolet Impala (Limpala)
- 1977 Chevrolet Camaro (The Camaro)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Am (Driver Ed Car)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix (GP)
Crazyfast79TA’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 214
- April 14...Fender Liner Finally Showed Up!
- Mon Apr 14, 2014 | 2 comments
- Fourteen Days Until I Cash In!
- Sun Apr 13, 2014 | comment
- Sport Trac Is Back Home!
- Thu Apr 3, 2014 | 2 comments
- Sport-Trac Repair Saga
- Sat Mar 29, 2014 | 3 comments
- Sport Trac is in the shop for repairs
- Wed Mar 26, 2014 | 3 comments
Move Along Folks. Nothing New Is Going On Here...Yet!
Feb 3, 2013 | Views: 127
- Big Blue
- 9 photos
I had this kick I was thinking on. I had this plan for building a pro-street/NASCAR thing with a Grand Am. I've got and some 2x3 tubing I was going to build a trailer with and that Firebird sub-frame sitting in the back yard. I've got that 327 i the garage and a couple TH350's. I just was dreaming up something cool while I was bored with the cold weather. I was outside today playing with the snowblower my wife got me for Christmas and I hadn't used yet. I found out it doesn't do well on the path we've walked on back and forth from the house to the driveway. It seems to prefer fresh untrodden snow. I blazed a path along side the Grand Am from one pathway from the house to the driveway and another from the house to the garage. But anyway, I'm going to get the 4x4 Chevy running and get the license plates renewed and start driving that. I don't know when I'll get the rear brakes fixed, but I'm tired of the Battle Wagon getting stuck in the icy driveway at work. Everybody else has 4WD or all wheel drive and they just fly up the hill without a problem. I start up it with our van and it goes about halfway up, then sideways. After two days getting stuck on the ice, I took Michelle's Sport-Trac. It was -25 with a windchill of -48 Friday and the Battle Wagon would crank over but not fire. The Ford fired right up! I tell ya, I felt real bad about driving that vehicle. The traction control in it made it seem like the icy roads were dry pavement and that hill at work seemed like it wasn't there! Imagine that! I'm through driving that van while the roads are all crappy! I don't know how the Chevy will do with bald tires on front and no rear brakes, but I'm willing to try! If it can get out of the hole it's parked in, the rest should be cake!
In all reality, I'll be working on my Nova before I'd even think about building the Grand Am as "Experiment 3". The Nova is a much bigger priority to me than starting on another project. I may just get the G/A running in stock form for Jessica (my step daughter) to drive. She wants my S-10, but I have V-8 plans for that! But that's going to be after the Nova is running and looking good. Refer back to Jan 13 post. Maybe the Nova won't be looking too good, but at least have it running. I don't know. I'll be working on it whenever I can! I've got so much filling my calendar! Oh my! I can see my summer flying by. I'll do what I can. With 6 months of winter and the rest questionable, it's hard to tell what's going to get done! I'm going to get the garage rearranged soon. I'll probably do that after I get the 4x4 running. The garage is going to be a big project all it's own.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post:
Download Drive Magazine Now!