- 1961 Ford Thunderbird (White In Night Satin)
- 1951 Chevrolet Sedan (Heaven Bound)
- 2001 Toyota Celica (GT - great tourer)
- 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander (Ditsi Mitsi)
- 1950 Studebaker Champion (FozzieMobile)
- 1954 Nash Metropolitan (Metro)
- 1958 Mercury Monteclair (The Beginning)
- 1960 Oldsmobile 88 (California Kid)
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova (Easy Going)
- 1968 Rambler American (Dings)
- 1972 Chevrolet Caprice (Bowtie Boat)
- 1976 Plymouth Valiant (Tilt Power)
- 1977 Volkswagen bus (rust bucket)
- 1978 Datsun 510 (Ole Reliable)
- 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Trouble)
- 1989 Ford F 150 (Not So Big Foot)
- 2003 Mazda Protege5 (Japanese Ford)
alwaysakid’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 91
Out & runnin'!
Mar 26, 2008 | Views: 996
Filed under: 1951 Chevrolet Sedan (Heaven Bound)
I had replaced the alternator over the winter, as the car has a slight drain on the battery (needs recharging every 6-8 weeks), and the old alternator did test to be weak on the output charge. But the gauge still shows slightly negative when the motor is running, so I think something is till draining the battery, and I can't figure out what. The car's pretty simple electrically, so there isn't much to troubleshoot. I'm wondering if there's a short somewhere that I haven't found.
It's supposed to snow again tonight, so it may have to sit again until mother nature can bring some more rain to wash off the salt they'll probably thorw on the roads again.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: