1989 Chevrolet Beretta Euro GTU
1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE/EXPRESSO
Head to Head
**I am in drastic need of an update!**
A LOT has been done to the car in the last year or so. I really need to update my page. Please enjoy what I currently have posted, but come on back to see the updated, more inclusive page soon!
I bought the car on the cheap over 4 years ago and have been fixing her up ever since. Originally purchased with a mere 67,000 miles, she now has only 123,000!!
The car is not only a daily driver, but my Auto Cross and Rally Cross car as well. It actually performs very well as a Rally Cross car and took second place in the Rocky Mountain Divisional Rally Cross in 2006. Since then I have been Autoo Crossing it mostly, trying to work on that perfect line...
There were a few thousand Berettas made for the European countries with different headlights, tail lights, side mirrors and more. This car is the most complete European conversion of a Beretta outside of the European countries.
This car has been practically rebuilt! Only a few more things remain to be replaced / upgraded and it will be a "new" car! Once the engine dies, if ever... I will swap in a 3.1L crate engine for a bit more power. I hope ot have the car at its 25 year mark as then I can get classic plates for her. this car has been a part of me for a while now... and will continue to be my baby for many years to come.
About “Mom's Taxi”
This is your standard grocery getter.
Specs for “GhostRider”
1989 Chevrolet Beretta
2.8L V6 engine
3-speed auto transmission
120 Horse Power (or more?)
Most complete Euro conversion outside of the European states!
- 3M clear bra application
- 136 DB air horn
- Sirius radio
- Trimmed antenna
- Tinted windows
- Keyless entry
- Remote start
- Sony CD player
- Infinity dash speakers
- Boston Accoustics rear speakers
- Race modified E-brake
Specs for “Mom's Taxi”
No specifications listed.
Factory Options for “GhostRider”
Base model to GTU conversion
- Full GTU body kit
- Power windows
- Power locks
- Remote trunk release
- GTZ interior upgrades
- GTZ seats with inflatable lumbar support
- GTZ Leather wrapped steering wheel
- 60/40 split folding seat
- Solid front grille
- Z26 style turn signals and fog lights
- Trunk mounted cargo net
- Beretta windshield logo
Factory Options for “Mom's Taxi”
No factory options listed.
Mods for “GhostRider”
- Polished and painted intake plenum and valve cover
- Styluss Automotive cold air intake
- Fast Forward Performance under drive pulley
- Fast Forward Performance billet dogbone engine mount
- Magnaflow high flow cat
- Magnaflow high flow muffler
- Custom down pipe
- Custom 2 1/4" mandrel bent exhaust
- Full AC system removal
- GM Factory AC delete pulley
- Throttle body bypass on coolant line
- Best believe that engine is clean
- Fully custom black interior swap:
GTZ leather wrapped black steering wheel
- '92 Seatbelt swap
- Custom coin tray
- Custom mounted Cig lighter
- Custom mount trunk release
- Most complete European Moch exterior
Euro headlight swap
Euro fender flares
Euro side mirrors
Euro tail lights
- City lights in headlights
- Z26 fog lights w/o diffusers
- Clear Z26 style turn signals
- Clear side markers
- Z34 hood louvers
- Solar Wing
Suspension & Tires
- KYB struts
- Koni shocks
- Eibach lowering springs with 1" drop
- Full Energy Suspension poly front bushings
- GM strut brace
- GM radiator to strut braces
- GM lower sub frame brace
- Addco rear sway bar
- GM internal rear brace
- MRZ Performance shock tower brace
- Daily wheel: 18" Quantum Tek wheels in Black
- Daily tire: Barium Barvarius tires
- Race wheel: MB Motoring 15x6.5
- Race tire: Falken Ziex ZE-512 @ 205/60R-15
Mods for “Mom's Taxi”
I added a auto dim mirror and a 7in DVD player. Otherwise it's stock.
“Mom's Taxi” has no photo albums.
Vote This challenge has ended!
|Points for GhostRider||Total Votes||Points for Mom's Taxi|