Last updated Aug 28, 2009
Got it on September 9, 2008.
It was a new leftover from 2006, that had never been sold, never had fluids in it, never been started etc. etc.
It sat on a show room floor for a few years befor my wife found it and talked the people down on the asking price at the dealer, so we got it for $9,800 out the door, and it is a $16,000 motorcycle new, like it was... (they where asking $14,800)
We got it with "0" (no) miels on it.
And rode it home from WI to IN...
Just over 370mi one way!
What a rush!
- Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm
- Compression Ratio 9.48:1
- Carburetion Twin-bore fuel injection, w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission 5-speed, w/multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive Belt
-Suspension/Front 46mm telescopic fork with adjustable preload; 5.1” travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, 4.3” travel
- Brakes/Front 298mm hydraulic, dual discs
- Brakes/Rear 320mm hydraulic, single disc
- Tires/Front 130/70-18
- Tires/Rear 190/60-17
- Wheels 12-spoke cast
- Length 101.6”
- Width 43.3”
- Height 59.6"
- Seat Height 27.8”
- Wheelbase 67.5”
- Wet Weight 802 lb
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
- A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, an adjustable, quick-detachable windshield and a quick-detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner excellent for long hauls and short trips.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design, gives the Stratoliner a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to a low center of gravity feel and a near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
- The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000-rpm range.
Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
- With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner Midnight has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar carries the Stratoliner Midnight’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- A resculpted seat makes the Stratoliner Midnight an excellent place to sit on long rides.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner Midnight.
- Classic clock-style instrumentation complements Stratoliner Midnight’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags (quick-removable for cleaning), a quick-removable windshield that locks into place and a locking, quick-detachable passenger backrest provide security.
- xygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Cobra Long Exhaust
- Cobra Fueler
- Cobra Pasenger Floorboards
- Front signal lenses to replace rear signal lenses that look like cones. (I did not like there look)
- Removed the quick-removable windshield - permanetly. (I do not like windshields)
- Added Blue LEDs.
- Custom Lay Down Plate.
I have some other things I plan on doing to it over the next few months to make it diferent from all the other Stratoliners out there. I will update the pictures and its info as I get things done.
Permanent Link to this Car