Filed under: 1984 Chevrolet Camaro (Ghetto-Ride)
So phase one was the tail lights, this was a very lengthy project. Over 1000 Superflux LEDs were soldered into place. This took a lot of time to do just one tail light, and then I had repeat the whole process for the other side! But I finally got it all done, and it turned out great!
Next was the front turn markers, I opened these up. Cleaned up the lens, and then came up with a design I wanted for the LEDs and sealed it all back up. Looks completely stock when off, but has a nice bright Orange when on.
The final major project was the instrument cluster. The stock bulbs in these things, were so dim that you couldn't even see the odometer at night. So my plan was to use LED strips and basically lay them out behind the gauges. It worked out great, the dash is now very bright and even. Something you just can't get with the plug/play type bulbs on the market.
Check out all the photos and let me know if you have any questions.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: