I went a completely different direction on the second model. Thjis one is a 1966 Corsa coupe annual issue kit, but it was ROUGH! When I got it in the mail after winning it in an eBay auction, at first I wondered what I had gotten myself into. It looked like the model equivalent of the car you see on someone's front yard with a "For Sale" sign in the windshield... EUREKA! Inspiration strikes! That's the way I rebuilt it. Ironically, it turns out that it was one of the easiest models I've ever had to disassemble and strip the paint off of. It would have been a great candidate for a full-stock, factory-fresh buildup, but I had the bit in my mouth, I knew what I wanted to do with it. There was one damaged area on the body that would have been fairly easy to fix (A chip out of the back of the driver'sside rear wheel well), but I used that as my excuse to cut it up! The body got rust holes, scrapes, and dents, and the roof is even sagging a little bit in the middle from kids climbing in it! I did cheat a little and use the chassis and interior bucket from a 1969 reissue kit and kept the originals in my spares box for future restoration projects. I used the engine from the donor kit too, since the one I redid didn't come to me with one. You can see my album of this model at:
Check out my models and let me know what you think! I had a blast building them.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: