Last updated Jun 21, 2011
UPDATE: while on my last deployment my family decided to finish my project car as a retirement gift!! what a surprise, it turned out better than I ever imagined. What a blast to drive now...
Bought this car on the cheap through my brothers back in Ohio. It was stripped down to nothing by the previous owner and in boxes. It had no front end on it. My brothers and I in one week put in together enough to roll it on a trailer and I towed in out to Washington state where I could continue to work on it.
This is what I've put into the car so far:
1. Totally new brake system, stainless steel lines
2. Totally new fuel system, from fuel tank to fuel pump with stainless steel lines.
3. Built, blue printed .030 bored 455 with built TH400, and stainless steel hydraulic lines.
4. 4 core radiator
5. new floor boards
6. Total suspension lowering kit from Hotchkis suspensions
7. rebuilt 700cfm quadrajet
8. new window motors, window felts, door gaskets
9. new exhaust system, manifolds to back of car, dual thrustmasters with cross over pipe
10. purchased original delco cassette radio that works!
11. refinished honeycomb rims, new caps, new lug nuts
12. many other smaller purchases that add to a total I may never want my wife to know ;-)
13. I plan to put 255/60R15 bfgoodrichs on
I am now saving up for the body and paint job. Hopefully this summer of 09 I will add the painted pics. This car is a blast to drive, drop it into 1st and I can easily smoke the tires and start the car sideways. Into 2nd it again spins the tires. After that its a quick trip up the speedometer before the cops slow me down ha!
Pontiac 455 with Lunati cam kit
Hotchkis total suspension lowering package
subframe connectors (soon to be installed)
Recaro seats (matches 81 daytona edition TA)
Year One 17 inch snowflake repro's
275/40/17 Firehawk wide oval Indy 500
dual thrustmaster mufflers
single stage Glasurit straight black, no tint paint
dynomat entire interior and trunk
Permanent Link to this Car