Last updated Nov 24, 2010
1993 Audi S4 quattro, 130,000 miles.
One of approx. 575 imported during 1993. Tornado Red with black leather. The car has been modified with all of the Porsche/Audi developed RS2 components. If you don't know what an RS2 is, it was a hot rod station wagon (Avant) that was performance engineered by Porsche for Audi. Horsepower should be around 390 at the crank but without a four wheel dyno at my disposal I'm not about to make any concrete claims. As Rolls Royce used to say, performance is sufficient. ;-)
With 28 psi of boost the performance is quite nice. 0-60 mph in about 5 seconds flat and the 1/4 in about 13.2 which isn't too bad for a good sized (3800 lb +) 4 door sport sedan. It is faster than a stock C5 Corvette and just a bit slower than a 2001 Z06 (by a nose) in a 0-90 mph run. It seems pretty comparable to the '03 BMW M5 across the board.
The Audi RS2 Avant...
2.2 liter 20 valve inline 5 cylinder engine. 227 HP and 258 lb ft @ 1950 RPM was stock form. Currently around 390 HP and 370 lb ft. thanks to modifications.
Factory installed carbon fiber trim. Unique to the 1993 model year.
The only real options you could have on these cars were
1. Sunroof delete (special order)
2. CD changer
3. Pearl White paint
All other options came standard for the U.S. market.
Full Porsche/Audi RS2 spec conversion running 28 psi of boost.
- RS2 exhaust manifold
- RS2 turbocharger
- RS2 Mass Air Flow
- RS2 Fuel Injectors
- RS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator
- RS2 Exhaust Camshaft
- Ported & polished head
- Samco Sport Silicone hoses
- K&N Filter (ha ha)
- Hans Lehman Stage 3+ ECU software
- Stromung 3" turbo-back exhaust system
- Eibach Sport Springs
- Bilstein Sport Shocks
- All new suspension bushings & mounts at time of conversion
- Set #1: 17x9" Porsche C2 turbo replica wheels with 255/40's
- Set #2: 16x8" Factory Audi wheels with 225/50's
- Set #3: 17x7.5" Porsche C2 turbo replica wheels with 225/45 Dunlop Wintersport M2 tires for winter use.
- Alpine & MB Quart Audio
- European headlight conversion
- European Clear corner markers up front (turn signals)
- European rear turn signals (look red blink amber)
Permanent Link to this Car